Thursday 1 December 2016

Favourite Gold or Silver (and why)


Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

#11 Karen Dunbrook


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

Kristina

Lucy


Alison



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is
Sweet n Sassy Stamps
$10.00
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Gold or Silver (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I feel that silver is a bit more modern than gold when it comes to jewellery and that preference also translates into my cards too.  I've used a silver mirri card as the backdrop for my Santa image, embossed and embellished with a frosty border die.  The only trouble with mirri card is that it's so hard to photograph!  I've also used silver on the image itself, where I've used a silver gel pen to colour the ribbon on the present that Santa's hiding behind his back!




... and here's a close-up to show the silver gel pen I used on the bow of the image.





Easy challenge for me I LOVE silver and I really don't like gold
Even all my jewelry is white gold which looks like silver
So that is why I choose silver.





Brenda


Silver, hands down, is my favorite!  I love the wonderful cool feel of silver or platinum, it's so perfect for Christmas cards.




Elaine

I like silver more than gold. It looks especially good with blue at Christmas time.




Lori

My favorite would have to be silver....I prefer it for jewelry and also for crafting. To me, it's more versatile and goes with everything and it shines better than gold LOL....




Lorraine

I love both but when creating a frosty Christmas card scene I love to use Silver, it certainly adds to the Wintry feel of a project or card.
I have used silver mirri card here but it is notoriously difficult to photograph - it always turns out looking black.



Mojca

Well, I like silver better, it has such beautiful shine and I think it just looks wonderful on Christmas cards, don't you?

 

Sarah

Ooh, a conundrum indeed!! I wear both gold or silver jewellery depending on my outfit so use the same approach to matching paper. In this case I used silver  to compliment the icy blue of my papers. 





Squirrel

I love the warmth and mellowness of gold, and of course it was one of the gifts brought to Jesus by the Three Wise Men



Suzette

**coming soon**


Wilma

For me it's silver. I love the 'icy' look of it. And with white it's kind of winter for me, which I love. And it also has an elegant look.
  



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Gold or Silver (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful gold and silver DT creations for the next challenge. Thanks so much for choosing my card in your Top 3 XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure lots of shine on this page :) It's Christmas! Thanks for this holiday challenge Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful creation. I prefer silver to gold because I can wear silver anywhere I like, irrespective of the occasion. Moreover silver is comparatively cheaper than gold.

    Regards,
    Fesco
    Online Fashion Jewelry Shopping

    ReplyDelete